80% Assistant Craft Beer Brewer
Beginning in August 2019
Are you qualified to join our winning, small team? Read on and let’s see.
The Bier Factory, craft brewery of Rapperswil, is looking for an 80% assistant beer brewer. The goal is that you will be able to run all points of our manual production within 1-2 months.
Masters in brewing is not required. We’re not going to teach you the basics of how to make beer. However, you will learn lots from within our team and operations. In the spirit of craft, we’re not snobs and we understand that your brewing experience could have come from anywhere.
What’s that mean for your weekly routine? You’re going to be making beer and all the things that go along with that—like cleaning, brewing, filling bottles and filling kegs, and keeping detailed records. You will also represent us at events at the brewery and offsite, this includes nights and weekends. Order preparation, deliveries and logistics, recycling, cleaning common areas at the brewery, including floors, bathrooms, break rooms are also part of the job.
Production Requirements and Responsibilities
- Brew insanely good craft beer from start to finish! This is required.
- Brewing preparation
- Milling malts according to recipes
- Brewing beer
- Cleaning and sanitizing lager and fermentation tanks
- CO2 management
- Cleaning and filling kegs
- Filling beer in bottles (counter pressure filling using Meheen 6 Head R Series)
- Ability to maintain brewery equipment.
- You understand beer recipe development and have a solid understanding of malts, hops and yeasts.
- You have experience managing quality control sampling and detailed record keeping.
- Inventory and data entry.
- Capable of using MS Excel.
- Familiarity with brewery management system EKOS is a plus.
- Working with raw materials suppliers.
- Inventory management.
- Production planning.
- You are open minded. You are creative and ok with breaking old-school rules.
- Male or Female
- Fluency in German and English are preferred.
- You can lift 30+ kg.
- You can drive – safely with proper accreditation.
- You hold EU or Swiss permit/passport which allows you to work in Switzerland.
- You have developed sensory skills for beer quality control and product development.
- You’re available to work in our brewery bar, brewery tours, and events on some weekends and evenings.
- You’re up-to-date on beverage trends.
- You’re handy with repairs and understand electrics.
- Chemistry or biology background is a plus, but not required.
email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the conversation going